Emma was happier today, which was nice. She’s signed up to Snapchat and shared her username with a couple of friends and I think she likes that.
Troy and I sat down with her and Nicholai last night and reiterated that they need to take care on the internet. We also made them give us their usernames and passwords for all their devices/social media – while we’ve promised them that we’re not going to spy on them, the deal is that we can check out what they’re doing at any time. It’s hard to know exactly how to manage their internet usage, to be honest. Really, they’re good kids and I trust them to use good sense. I’ve made some great friends on the internet, it’s honestly been an invaluable source of knowledge and support for me over the past few years, and I wouldn’t want to deny them the same experience. But I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future, and Troy and I have agreed that it’s better to set up the expectations now, rather than wait until they’re older and there’s an issue. So although I doubt we’re ever going to really check their emails or tumblr or message boards or whatever else they do, I think it’s reasonable that they know and understand that the internet is not a secret place. Nothing is truly 100% private, and if it’s something that they wouldn’t want being linked to them then they should probably think twice about posting it.
Luna’s rash is looking better, although the giant sore she has scratched and bit on her backside still looks pretty awful. It’s clean and will be healing, but it’s big and surrounded by a big patch of shaved pink skin so it looks worse than it is. In other pet news our new chickens are settling in nicely – three eggs yesterday and two today. They’re very small and one of them is laying eggs that are very thin-shelled (I broke one just picking it up) but I expect that this will improve as the chickens themselves get a bit bigger.
Troy signed the contract for our new car today. The dealer said that he might be able to get us what we want (white, diesel si version) from another dealer, and if he can we will probably get it next week. If not, it will be a ten week wait period. Obviously I’m hoping for sooner rather than later, but there’s not much we can do about it either way.
Still no yarn or knitting needles!